Audio By Carbonatix
Taperia Raca, the Spanish tapas joint launched earlier this year in MiMo by Giorgio Rapicavoli and Alex Casanova, is closed.
According to a news release, the owners received an offer on the property they couldn’t refuse. The team, however, says this isn’t the end of Raca and is planning to look for a new locale.
See also: Taperia Raca: Spanish Tapas on the Upper Eastside
“We simply received an offer for the location that we could not turn down,” Casanova says in the release. “We are passionate about the concept and excited to find Raca a new home.”
When news happens, Miami New Times is there —
Your support strengthens our coverage.
We’re aiming to raise $30,000 by December 31, so we can continue covering what matters most to you. If Miami New Times matters to you, please take action and contribute today, so when news happens, our reporters can be there.
So what about the staff while the owners look for new digs?
The recently appointed chef de cuisine Michelle Saavedra will move over to sister restaurant Eating House to head lunch service (and eventually dinner), along with much of the rest of the crew. Eating House’s current chef de cuisine, Adriana Egozcue, will work with Rapicavoli on their next concept, likely to launch early next year.
The location’s sale and closure are effective immediately.
Follow Hannah on Twitter @hannahgetshappy.
Follow Short Order on Facebook, Twitter @Short_Order, and Instagram @ShortOrder.