Audio By Carbonatix
Further cementing the notion that Miami is now the American capital of performance enhancing drugs controversy, the Miami Dolphins’ safety Reshad Jones had been suspended for the first four games of the season by the NFL.
He’s the second members of the Dolphins defense to receive the fate after testing positive for PEDs. Defensive end Dion Jordan is also out for the first four games.
Jones of course maintains it was accidental, and blames it on a supplement he was taking.
“I worked closely with the union to investigate what happened, and I learned that a supplement I took caused the positive test,” said Jones in a statement. “I deeply regret not investigating the supplement carefully before I took it, and I will never again take a supplement without having it checked.
When news happens, Miami New Times is there —
Your support strengthens our coverage.
We’re aiming to raise $30,000 by December 31, so we can continue covering what matters most to you. If Miami New Times matters to you, please take action and contribute today, so when news happens, our reporters can be there.
“I was very disappointed when we found out about Reshad’s suspension,” said coach Joe Philbin. “When we talked to him, Reshad pledged to learn from this situation.”