Sports

Richie Incognito Reached Out to Jonathan Martin at 2:30 a.m. on Twitter

Richie Incognito's strange public saga continues as he tries to make amends and appears to want to pretend that nothing ever happened. Last week he said he'd like to come back and play for the Dolphins despite there being little chance that's actually going to happen. Early this morning he...
Carbonatix Pre-Player Loader

Audio By Carbonatix

Richie Incognito’s strange public saga continues as he tries to make amends and appears to want to pretend that nothing ever happened. Last week he said he’d like to come back and play for the Dolphins despite there being little chance that’s actually going to happen.

Early this morning he also reached out to Jonathan Martin on Twitter in a public attempt to reconcile.

See also: Richie Incognito Goes on Twitter Tirade Against Jonathan Martin: “The Truth is Going to Bury You”

https://twitter.com/J_Martin71

When news happens, Miami New Times is there —
Your support strengthens our coverage.

We’re aiming to raise $30,000 by December 31, so we can continue covering what matters most to you. If Miami New Times matters to you, please take action and contribute today, so when news happens, our reporters can be there.

$30,000

Martin so far has not responded to those tweets.

That’s a big change sine February when he went on an unhinged Twitter tired against Martin and his agents.

“Dear Jon Martin….. The truth is going to bury you and your entire ‘camp,'” he warned in one of the tweets. “You could have told the truth the entire time.”

Shortly after this Twitter tirade he checked himself in to a mental health facility and was only released sometime last week.

Related

Since then he’s appeared to play a game of pretending like nothing happened with these tweets coupled with his desire to return to the Dolphins.

See also: Richie Incognito Needs to Toughen Up and Take Being Called Racist Like a Real Man

Martin of course has now moved on to play for the San Francisco 49ers with his former college coach.

Ironically, it appears that Incognito could wind up right across the San Fran Bay from him. ESPN reports that the Oakland Raiders are “open” to signing Incognito.

Related

Send your story tips to the author, Kyle Munzenrieder, or follow him on Twitter.

Follow Miami New Times on Facebook and Twitter @MiamiNewTimes.

GET MORE COVERAGE LIKE THIS

Sign up for the This Week’s Top Stories newsletter to get the latest stories delivered to your inbox

Loading latest posts...